Public organizations and private companies come to Stoll Berne for independent investigations because we bring a unique perspective. Our deep experience representing both plaintiffs and defendants enables us to approach investigations without bias. We have advised boards of directors, independent directors, school boards, private companies, and government entities on internal policies, controls, systems, and protocols; personnel matters; accounting and auditing matters; compliance; and proposed remedial measures. We work effectively with in-house and government counsel to deliver independent assessments that are accurate, objective, thorough, and timely.
Independent Assessments That Are Objective, Accurate, Discreet, and Conclusive
- Define the appropriate scope of the independent investigation
- Retain forensic experts and other advisors, when necessary
- Conduct internal investigation interviews with directors, officers, and employees
- Perform comprehensive reviews of information relating to current systems, procedures, protocols, and controls
- Identify breakdowns in systems and protocols
- Develop findings and recommendations for remedial or disciplinary actions
We work effectively with in-house and government counsel to deliver independent assessments that are accurate, objective, thorough, and timely.
Internal Investigations Cases
On behalf of a public school district, Keith Dubanevich and Yoona Park conducted an internal investigation of an alleged ethical violation by a managerial employee.
The City of Portland hired Stoll Berne attorney Steve Berman to determine whether the company that sold the parking meters (and whose employees had engaged in the bribery) had undertaken reasonable...
The Portland Public School Board of Education hired Stoll Berne attorneys Tim DeJong and Steve Berman to conduct an investigation regarding the district's practices and protocols for testing for lead...
Stoll Berne attorneys Keith Ketterling, Tim DeJong, and Nadia Dahab were retained by BBSI to investigate potential accounting irregularities.