How do you start a class action?

July 8, 2010 by

If you believe you have been wronged, and believe that a number of other people have been wronged in the same way, you should contact a lawyer that does class actions.  If the case has merit, and can be pursued as a class action, a class action may be filed.  The person that files the class action lawsuit is called a plaintiff, and the entity that did the wrongdoing, typically a corporation, is called the defendant.  Anyone that has suffered the wrongdoing at issue can serve as the plaintiff.

Categories: Class Action Facts

Steve Larson
An experienced trial lawyer who handles both hourly and contingent fee cases, Steve has expertise in class actions, consumer cases, antitrust litigation, securities litigation, corporate disputes, intellectual property disputes, unfair competition claims, employment matters, and disputes involving family wealth. Steve regularly represents individuals and businesses in federal and state court and has obtained class-wide recovery in multiple class actions. A veteran practitioner, Steve's clients value his creative approach to resolving complex litigation matters.

Legal Disclaimer

The information contained in this blog does not constitute legal advice, and does not create an attorney-client relationship. We make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to this blog.