Yoona is a Shareholder in the litigation group, and joined the firm in 2007. She received her Bachelor's degree from Dartmouth College, and graduated cum laude from Lewis & Clark Law School, where she was a recipient of the Dean's Fellowship for Excellence and a member of the Lewis & Clark Law Review.
Yoona concentrates on complex business litigation, securities law, employment class actions, and employment litigation.
Yoona was named one of the Best Lawyers in America for 2017. Yoona has been recognized in Benchmark Litigation as an Oregon "Future Star" (2015) and in Oregon Super Lawyers as a “Rising Star” (2009-2013) in both Business Litigation and Employment Litigation categories.
Outside of the office, Yoona writes a blog (Yoonanimous), practices yoga, and enjoys Korean barbecue with husband Tom and sons Finn and Tate.
- Representation of investors in action for securities fraud against regional bank and broker-dealer.
- Representation of public investors in arbitrations before the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA).
- Defense of broker-dealer in action of contract by former employee before FINRA. Claimant awarded nothing and broker-dealer awarded attorney fees.
Breach of Fiduciary Duty/Conversion:
- Representation of corporation in action against current employees for conversion and breach of fiduciary duty.
- Representation of national drugstore chain’s assistant store managers in class actions under the Fair Labor Standards Act, and under state wage and hour laws, based on claims that the assistant store managers were misclassified as exempt from overtime pay.
- Representation of agricultural employees in class action against Stahlbush Island Farms involving claims under the Fair Labor Standards Act, and under the Oregon Wage and Hour Law, for allegedly misclassifying processing plant and other employees as exempt from overtime.
- Representation of hospital in wrongful termination case brought by former employee.
- Representation of employee in disability discrimination case against national property management company.
209 SW Oak St
Portland, Oregon 97204
Tel: (503) 227-1600
Fax: (503) 227-6840
- Northwestern School of Law, Lewis & Clark College, J.D., cum laude, 2007
- Lewis & Clark Law Review; associate editor 2006-2007, member 2005-2006
- Dean's Fellowship, 2005-2007
- Dartmouth College, A.B. (Art History and English), 1999
- Korean-American Students Association; Vice-President, 1997-1998
Oregon State Bar, 2007
United States District Court, Oregon, 2008
Stoll Berne; Summer Associate, 2005 & 2006; Associate, 2007-2012, 2014-2016; Shareholder, 2017-present
Buchanan Angeli Altschul & Sullivan; Of Counsel, 2012-2013
Fleischman-Hillard; Assistant Account Executive, 2001-2003
- Oregon State Bar
- Federal Bar Association
- Oregon Trial Lawyers Association
- Legislative Committee, 2009-2011
- Business Litigation Section, Co-Chair, 2009-2012
- American Inns of Court, Owen M. Panner Inn of Court
Boost Oregon, Board Member, 2015-Present
Oregon Ballet Theatre, Board Member, 2010-2011
Portland Taiko, Board Member, 2008-2009
St. Andrew Legal Clinic, Race for Justice 2008, Committee Member
Classroom Law Project High School Mock Trial Competition, Volunteer Coach, 2008
Proficient in Korean