Nadine A. Gartner
Nadine Gartner is a litigation associate whose practice focuses on complex business litigation and class actions. She is skilled in litigating contract disputes, issues related to employment, and financial fraud. Her class action experience includes cases regarding consumer protections, employment wage and hour issues, and securities fraud. Nadine also serves as an adjunct professor at Lewis & Clark Law School, where she teaches an advanced legal writing course.
Nadine graduated magna cum laude from Bryn Mawr College and then worked as an investment banking analyst in New York City. Nadine graduated cum laude from the University of Michigan Law School and received the Irving J. Stenn, Jr. Award for outstanding leadership and contribution to the community. She also received numerous honors and scholarships for her commitment to the public interest.
Prior to joining Stoll Berne, Nadine clerked for two federal judges. She was a law clerk for the Honorable Emily C. Hewitt of the United States Court of Federal Claims and for the Honorable Susan P. Graber of the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit.
Nadine enjoys traveling, reading, and exploring Portland's food scene. She loves to spend time with her husband and their adorable cockapoo, Bella.
Business and Commercial Litigation:
- Represents multinational clothing company for claims against manufacturer.
- Negotiated favorable settlement on behalf of national food distributor for claims against grocery retailer.
- Represented national healthcare company in dispute arising out of non-compete and non-solicitation agreements.
- Represented franchisee owner for claims against the franchisor and franchisee seller.
Consumer Class Action:
- Represents class of current and former tenants alleging violation of Oregon landlord/tenant statutes in action against a property management company.
- Represents proposed class of consumers alleging violation of Oregon and federal consumer statutes in action against national debt negotiation companies.
- Represents proposed class of homeowners alleging violation of Oregon and federal insurance statutes in action against a national bank.
- Obtained desired result on behalf of individual for claims against a defamatory website.
- Represented a television affiliate against an individual's claims of defamation.
- Represents proposed class of drivers against national shipping company for wage collection, minimum wage, and overtime claims.
- Negotiated favorable settlement on behalf of two individuals seeking back-pay and vacation pay from former employer.
- Represents proposed class of shareholders alleging violations of securities law against an international oil company.
209 SW Oak St
Portland, Oregon 97204
Tel: (503) 227-1600
Fax: (503) 227-6840
- University of Michigan Law School, J.D., cum laude, 2006
- Bryn Mawr College, A.B., magna cum laude, 2001
- Hebrew University of Jerusalem, semester abroad, 2000
- Oregon State Bar, 2010
- California State Bar, 2007
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- United States District Court, Oregon
- United States Court of Federal Claims
- Stoll Berne; associate, 2011-present
- Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C.; associate, 2010-2011
- Hon. Susan P. Graber, United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit; judicial law clerk, 2008-2010
- Hon. Emily C. Hewitt, United States Court of Federal Claims; judicial law clerk, 2006-2008
- Goldman, Sachs & Co.; investment banking analyst, 2001-2003
- Federal Bar Association, Board Member and Newsletter Editor
- American Bar Association
- Multnomah Bar Association
- Oregon Women Lawyers
- Oregon State Bar, Member of the Federal Practice and Procedure Committee
- American Constitution Society