How do you start a class action?

Posted on: July 8th, 2010 by Steve Larson

If you believe you have been wronged, and believe that a number of other people have been wronged in the same way, you should contact a lawyer that does class actions.  If the case has merit, and can be pursued as a class action, a class action may be filed.  The person that files the class action lawsuit is called a plaintiff, and the entity that did the wrongdoing, typically a corporation, is called the defendant.  Anyone that has suffered the wrongdoing at issue can serve as the plaintiff.